This dish is great as a side or can take the stage as your lunch entree. Best enjoyed in the sunshine with your cocktail of choice.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 strips of bacon
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can white beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 cups arugula
- Cook bacon on a skillet over medium heat for about 3 minutes, flip, and repeat. Drain oil, cut into small pieces, and set aside.
- Place the olive oil and onion in a saute pan over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. When onion becomes tender, add garlic and stir continuously for 1 minute.
- Stir in beans and water, cook for about 4 minutes.
- dd lemon juice, parlsey, and salt and pepper to taste, stir well.
- Place washed arugula in a large bowl. Add the bean mixture and toss to coat. Top with bacon and serve.