2 for 1 Kale & Lentils Recipe
his is one of our favorite recipes because it makes for an incredibly delicious light dinner, and in the morning we just put a fried egg on the leftovers and call it breakfast! It's full of protein, fiber, and most importantly, flavor.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 cups lentils
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp coriander
- 6 cups water
- 6 cups kale, stemmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or ricotta cheese
- Favorite hot sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- n a medium saucepan, melt the butter on med-low heat. Add 3 cups of raw lentils, stir to coat in butter. Add turmeric, cardamom, and coriander, stir frequently for 1-2 minutes.
- Add water and cover. Keep heat on med-low and cook about 25 minutes, until most of the water has been absorbed.
- Add kale and recover, let cook 5-7 more minutes until tender.
- oast sourdough, layer with kale/lentil mixture, and place a dollop of Greek yogurt or ricotta on top. finish with a splash of lemon juice and hot sauce.
- If it's morning, throw a fried egg on top!